Friday, July 31, 2009

Customer service at the new Government Motors

Mary Katherine Ham at the Worldwide Standard:

I wanted a Chevy Camaro.

I'd never really liked American sports cars before. But the 2010 Camaro -- a revival Chevrolet has been talking up since 2006 -- is so much more sleek than your typical muscle car. And since my BMW 330 started showing its age (nine) around the same time that the death of the U.S. auto industry hit the headlines, I thought: Why not do a little something to help?

So, after seeing a newspaper ad promoting Camaros at a local Chevy dealer, I called and left a voicemail saying I was interested in a test drive.

I never heard back...

It doesn't end there. Read the rest here.

5 comments:

One Brow said...

You would think they would check into the story at least enough to realize that Chevy has been deliberately underproducing the Camaro for years, in order to keep the demand high.

Wait, I suppose you would not.

Anonymous said...

Wow, One Brow, no wonder GM has been SO successful. Not building what people would buy? Wow.

Martin Cothran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martin Cothran said...

And so not calling people back even to tell them this does what for the demand for their cars?

Anonymous said...

Here in Lexington, one does not dare give the salesmen at new car lots their name. They will hound you for weeks. I hate to sound paranoid, but I suspect they have a way of finding out your identity by somehow running the tags on your vehicle. They are very aggressive salesmen here to the point of being totally obnoxious.