Thursday, May 05, 2016

What IS the Christian Worldview?: An Introductory Book List

great-ideas
An excerpt from my post on "What is the Christian Worldview?" at Exordium, the blog of the Classsical Latin School Association:
There is something deeper than just our surface beliefs that partly dictates what those beliefs will be. I think this is more reflective of what we mean by a worldview.
If you really want to get a grasp on what a Christian worldview is, you’re going to have to devote yourself to reading a little philosophy and literature, with an emphasis on the history of ideas. I will say, however, that there are some great writers and great resources out there to get you started on this endeavor. What follows are the books I have recommended to my youngest son, who is now a philosophy major at the University of Kentucky. I think he would tell you that they have benefited him a great deal. For the most part they are books that simplify a lot of the main issues involved in the question of why we think what we think. But, also for the most part, they avoid oversimplification.

Read more here.

2 comments:

PhineasPoe said...

What is your opinion of A History of Western Philosophy and Theology by John M. Frame?

Martin Cothran said...

I have not read it. I would be interested in your opinion if you have. The only thing I've read of Frame's is his essay in John W. Montgomery's book on Biblical inerrancy and his book on Van Til.